DuSense is extremely proud to introduce ‘Super-Cell’ to the Middle East market.
Super Cell is a NEW GENERATION of Hydraulic Load Testing Equipment using innovative design technology to develop the Civil and Construction Indus-try’s methods of testing structural foundations. Since introduction in 2005 with more than 2000 BDSL tests performed globally it has become well established as a reliable and cost effective method for the BDSL Bi-Directional Static Load Testing of piles.
The main features of Super Cell are :
● The load-cell assembly is light weight enabling it to be more easily handled on site, it can be readily secured inside the rebar cage without the use of bearing plates.
● The load-cell design utilises a much greater cross-sectional area of the pile enabling higher loads to be applied using lower hydraulic pressures.
● The Ring Super-Cell ® , seen below here, is especially more suitable for Working Pile Tests where a high %age of pile cross sectional area inside and outside of the cell can be successfully grouted in a controlled manner thereby helping to maintain the Working Pile’s load bearing capacity. 70 to 80% of Super-Cell BDSL’s are on Working Piles due to this feature.
● The Super-Cell design incorporates flow guides which help to remove any risk of latience build-up, they also improve the concrete flow – at the cell lo-cation , and between the lower and upper section of the pile.
● The design is fabricated entirely from steel, it’s of an all-welded hermetically sealed construction where the cell’s increase in height is provided by ex-pandable steel bellows, this feature removes the large sliding seals used by other BDSL methods and leads to improved reliability of the fully sealed Super-Cell.
● Due to the Cell’s bellows design Super-Cell inherently more flexible under load too, it is more tolerant to non-uniaxial forces acting on it which also makes the Super-cell more reliable than other methods.